Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's all happening

Well, the house is sold, the possessions given away or trashed, the debts paid off and the flight booked.

I'm heading straight for Laos at the end of the month, then see what way the wind blows!

There's a ridiculous flight plan to get there - flying from London to Delhi, Delhi to Mumbai, Mumbai back to Delhi, then on to Bangkok and Vientiane. The travel agent has no idea why I have to do the superfluous trip to Mumbai, but we decided that I was better doing as shown on the ticket than risking getting left behind in Delhi by Indian efficiency. And Delhi airport is memorable but not for any good reasons. So two unnecessary flights, global warming be damned!

I've sussed which hotel to stay at to start off. I'm going to book in for a month and see what happens from then. There is a festival in Vientiane just after I arrive - perfect!

Just on a round Britain tour now. Seeing favourite lovely people before the trip. Heading today to Manchester from Sheffield, then on down to Gloucester, Bristol, Oxford, London then Brighton.

Then flying hooray.

No comments: